Auditor Debbie brings us the Holiday Recipe of the Week, Microwave Peanut Brittle. Returning to the show we have Jerry Bowman of the Northwest Carriage Museum and the rest of the Saddle Giveaway entries. Listen in…
HORSES IN THE MORNING Episode 3082 – Show Notes and Links:
- The HORSES IN THE MORNING Crew: Glenn the Geek: co-host, executive in charge of comic relief, Jamie Jennings: co-host, director of wacky equestrian adventures, Coach Jenn: producer, Chaos Control Officer.
- Title Sponsor: World Equestrian Center
- Featured Image: Herd & Co. Markets
- Guest: Debbie Payne
- Guest: Jerry Bowman, Northwest Carriage Museum | Facebook
- Link: World Equestrian Center Magazine
- There's an App for that! Download the new FREE Horse Radio Network App for iPhone and Android
- Follow Horse Radio Network on Twitter
- Additional support for this podcast provided by Listeners Like You!
07:10 – Daily Whinnies
15:02 – Debbie’s Recipe
27:50 – Jerry Bowman
Microwave Peanut Brittle
Times are for a 1000/1250 watt watt microwave oven.
Have ingredients measured out in advance.
1.5 qt casserole dish sprayed lightly w/ cooking spray and generously buttered cookie sheet.
- 1c sugar
- 1/2 c white corn syrup
- 1 c raw peanuts
- 1 tsp butter, not margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla – real
- 1 tsp baking soda
In casserole dish:
- stir together sugar & syrup
- nuke 3 min / 2:30 leave in oven
- stir in peanuts
- nuke nuke 3 min / 2:40 leave in oven
- add butter & vanilla stir well
- nuke 1m 20 sec / 1m
- peanuts will be lightly browned & syrup very HOT
- carefully move to counter
- GENTLY stir in the soda until light and foamy
- pour and scrape mixture onto buttered cookie sheet
- leave thick as poured or spread thin
- cool at least 1 hr, break into pieces
- store in airtight container