Our Daily Dose Health Segment brings us Alayne Blickle to talk about winter enrichments & activities for horses. In Horses in History we meet the amazing Dr. Key who was teaching kindness to animals long before anyone else and the first Weird News of the year. Listen in…
HORSES IN THE MORNING Episode 3092 – Show Notes and Links:
- The HORSES IN THE MORNING Crew: Glenn the Geek: co-host, executive in charge of comic relief, Jamie Jennings: co-host, director of wacky equestrian adventures, Coach Jenn: producer, Chaos Control Officer.
- Title Sponsor: State Line Tack
- Featured Image: HORSES IN THE MORNING
- Guest: Alayne Blickle, Winter Enrichments & Activities for Horses | Article
- There's an App for that! Download our FREE new Horse Radio Network App for iPhone and Android
- Follow Horse Radio Network on Twitter
- Additional support for this podcast provided by: Daily Dose Equine and Listeners Like You
05:50 – Daily Whinnies
10:00 – Jamie's Lasagna Recipe
20:00 – Horses in History
26:00 – Elaine Blickle
42:06 – Weird News
Jamie's Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe:
- 1 jar quality spaghetti sauce
- One large container of cottage cheese or ricotta
- One egg
- One cup parm cheese
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach, chopped thoroughly (frozen is gross)
- Lasagna noodles (around 9-10)
- One pound ground beyond meat
- Two cups mozzarella cheese
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook or prepare noodles to Al dente, drain and set aside, separating and laying over your colander edges
- Brown “beef” (drain if using real beef, then return to pan. Add sauce to pan of meat
- In a large bowl, mix together ricotta or cottage cheese, parm cheese, egg, spinach, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Let sit for ten or so minutes so the spinach starts to like, shrink down to whatever.
- In a 9×11 pan – layer:
- Sauce and meat mix, then noodle, then cheese spinach mix
- Repeat, then repeat one more time if you can fit it. I prefer three layers but it can be tough to fit. (That’s why you let the spinach “rest”)
- Finish with a layer of sauce
- Top with lots of mozzarella cheese
- Cover with foil
- Bake at 375 for one hour, taking the foil off in the last ten minutes.