As a follow-up to Episode 24, this episode explores practical strategies to prevent ulcers as well as examines the causes of glandular and squamous ulcers. We speak with leading expert Dr. Ben Sykes as he discusses the ‘Big 3’ ulcer prevention strategies that include i) carbohydrate intake, ii) how much and when roughage should be fed, and iii) exercise considerations.
Sport Horse Podcast Guests and Links Episode 26:
- Hosts: Nicole Lakin and Dr. Tim Worden of theEquine High-Performance Sports Group
- Podcast Website:Sport Horse Podcast
- Presenting Sponsor: Equine High Performance Sports Group
- Guest: Dr.Ben Sykes | LinkedIn
- Link: Grayson Vet Chats with Dr. Ben Sykes, Associate Prof. Equine Internal Medicine – Massey University
- Link: Strategies to combat ESGD and EGGD with A/Prof Dr Ben Sykes (Episode One)