In recent months, several surveys have been circulated regarding the U.S. horse industry. The American Horse Council’s Equine Economic Impact Survey is one that has been active since April and will be wrapping up September 29. This survey, done once every five years, has been used by hundreds of local and federal groups, horse associations and horse owners to support their industry in times of need. In this episode, four leaders in the industry share how they have used the previous survey’s results to help protect and support their local horse industry, trails and gain recognition for the impact horses and the industry has had on their economy. The AHC strongly encourages you to participate in the survey and share with other horse owners from now until September 29. Everyone that fills out the survey is eligible to win one of the amazing prizes, including a new John Deere Z545R ZTrak Mower (valued at $7.500), one year of feed from either Nutrena or Purina, enrollment in Texas A&M’s AgriLife Equine Reproductive Management Online Course and more!
HORSES IN THE MORNING Episode 3237 – Show Notes and Links:
- Your Hosts:Julie Broadway (President) and Megan Arszman (Marketing & Communications) of theAmerican Horse Council
- Sponsored by:Participate in the American Horse Council Equine Economic Impact Survey
- Sponsored by: Equine Discounts with NTRA
- Guest: Lonny Powell CEO & Executive Vice President of the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders’ and Owners’ Association
- Guest: Dr. Karin Bump with Saddle Up NY!
- Guest: Dr. Sally Lynch with Old Field Farm in New York
- Guest: Dr. Chelsie Huseman with Texas A&M University
- Texas A&M Equine Reproductive Management Short Course
- Saddle Up NY!
- Florida Thoroughbred Breeders’ and Owners’ Association
- Follow Horse Radio Network onTwitteror followHorses In The Morning on Facebook
- Follow the American Horses Council on Facebook and Instagram