Think about it: If you grew up with horses, how do you think they influenced your life today? Julie and Megan talk with PhD candidate Caitlin Lunzmann, who is currently studying at the University of Florida and looking at that very question. Her thesis focuses on studying the impacts of horse experiences on youth development in terms of leadership, emotional intelligence, and social skills. She’s looking at the impact that horse-human bonds have on competencies like self-awareness, emotional intelligence, ethics, confidence, and ability to build trust and how experiential learning opportunities horses provide and developing how they can be applied.
HORSES IN THE MORNING Episode 3306 – Show Notes and Links:
- Your Hosts:Julie Broadway (President) and Megan Arszman (Marketing & Communications) of theAmerican Horse Council
- Sponsored by: Equine Discounts with NTRA | United Horse Coalition
- Guest: Caitlin Lunzmann, MS
- Link: Horse Power (Caitlin’s Thesis)
- Follow Horse Radio Network onTwitteror followHorses In The Morning on Facebook
- Follow the American Horses Council on Facebook and Instagram