There are 34 million horse enthusiasts in the United States, yet only 1.3% own a horse and 16% participate in the industry, but don’t own horses. How do we bridge the disconnect so the horse industry can grow? This is the answer that the American Horse Council’s Marketing Alliance is hoping to find with their new initiative, “Here For Horses.” You’ve heard us sign off that we’re #Here4Horses, but what does that mean? The Marketing Alliance’s Jen Grant and Christy Landwehr join Julie and guest co-host Emily to discuss this exciting vision as we kick off 2024 and we try to take the horse curious and turn them horse crazy. In the Legislative Update, Julie discusses the Biking on Long Distance Trails Act and the Explore Act, which covers expanded long distance biking on trails and sharing trails and the effect of safety of multi-users on the trails.
HORSES IN THE MORNING Episode 3334 – Show Notes and Links:
- Your Hosts:Julie Broadway (President) and Megan Arszman (Marketing & Communications) of theAmerican Horse Council
- Guest Co-host: Emily Stearns (Health, Welfare and Regulatory Liaison) of the American Horse Council
- Sponsored by: Equine Discounts with NTRA | United Horse Coalition
- Guest: Jen Grant from Zoetis and Christy Landwehrfrom NRHA
- Follow Horse Radio Network onTwitteror followHorses In The Morning on Facebook
- Follow the American Horses Council on Facebook and Instagram